Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ON THE EVE OF BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2012


  [Attachment(s) from Runoko Rashidi included below
31 January 2012

Greetings Family,

How are you?  It is not often that I write anymore here as most of my time is spent on Facebook.  So I hope that all is well with you.  Indeed, I guess that it is not too late to wish you a Hapi New Year. 

I am okay.  My book, Black Star: African Presence in Early Europe has been a big boost for me and has kept me busy.  God willing I will have four more new books out before the end of the year.  Two will be in French and two in English.  And I have several more in my head and on my computer.  Would love to do some children's books, another English language book on Asia, something on historians, a book on the Black presence in Asia and the Pacific, and a book on the history of human zoos. Also, I was just interviewed for the video documentary Hidden Colors 2.  I think that my good brother Tony Browder and sister Michelle Alexander will soon be interviewed also.

I am especially grateful to the organization the d'Zert Club for hosting me throughout the month of January.  On a sad note, the funeral of my father-in-law is tomorrow.  My daughter is taking her grandfather's passing very hard.  But life goes on for the living and we have to go on with it.

Right now I am in Boston and will begin my Black History Month here with a guided tour of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.  After that I head to the Midwest--Chicago, Indianapolis, Gary, and Champaign-Urbana before I return to Los Angeles next week.  As a matter of fact, the hotel that I am staying in in Boston right now is the same hotel that our beloved Malcolm X worked at back in the day! 

So be well sisters and brothers and don't forget about me.  I am staying active as a lecturer and writer and leading tours to Paris, Senegal and Gambia in April, Egypt and Nubia in July and maybe Ghana and Brazil later in the year. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you--yesterday three Boston City Councilmen signed a proclamation officially naming January 30, 2012 as Dr. Runoko Rashidi Day in Boston, MA!  How about that!

In love of Africa,
Runoko Rashidi < Runoko@yahoo.com >;
Runoko Rashidi
www.travelwithrunoko.com
__._,_.___
Attachment(s) from Runoko Rashidi
3 of 3 Photo(s)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___


No comments:

Post a Comment