Saturday, May 28, 2016

Nelson Beats the Odds Author Ronnie Sidney, II, Releasing Second Book in June

From: "Ronnie Sidney, II, MSW" <Ronnie@creative-medicine.com>
Subject: Nelson Beats the Odds Author Ronnie Sidney, II, Releasing Second Book in June.

Greetings, my name is Ronnie Sidney, II, MSW and I am the author of Nelson Beats the Odds. Nelson Beats the Odds is a semiautobiographical graphic novel about a young man who struggles with the stigma of being placed in special education. It is currently #1 on the Amazon Best-Seller list in the learning disabilities category. Since April I've sold over 700 books online thanks to my blog and appearance on Fox News. I appeared on Fox and Friends Weekend and spoke candidly about growing up with an ADHD and learning disabled diagnosis. Two weeks ago NBC 12's Karla Redditte interviewed me about Nelson Beats the Odds and my upcoming book Tameka's New Dress. The interview will air on NBC Monday, May 30th, 2016.

 

 

 

On June 20, 2016 I will be releasing my second children's book Tameka's New Dress. The graphic novel will explore childhood trauma, parental substance abuse, bullying and kinship care. Tameka's New Dress shines light on these very tough issues and lays them out on the table for children and adults to talk about. In the book Tameka finds a creative way to confront her bullies without becoming a bully herself.  As a therapist, I work with young people who cope experiences like this on a daily basis. I wanted to write a book that would reflect their experience and encourage them to beat the odds.

 


Aside from my books, I've developed the Nelson Beats the Odds Comic Creator app for iOS mobile devices. The companion app allows users to customize photos and share them with friends on social media. I also started #iBeatTheOdds, a popular social media campaign that gives individuals a platform to share stories about how they beat the odds.

 

 

Over the past six months, I have presented at Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia Union University, Reynolds Community College, Rappahannock Community College, Hamilton-Holmes Middle School, Richmond County High School, Northumberland High School, Tappahannock Elementary School, Richmond Public Library, Portsmouth Public Library and Central Rappahannock Regional Library. Speaking to children, parents and educators has been the most enjoyable part of my experience. For booking information, bulk orders and other requests please visit my website at www.creative-medicine.com.


https://nelsonbeatstheodds.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/former-special-education-student-publishes-best-selling-childrens-book/

Purchase a copy Nelson Beats The Odds by clicking here After spending seven years in remediation and special education, the last thing Ronnie Sidney, II ...


Ronnie Sidney, II, MSW

Therapist, Author, Entrepreneur

Creative Medicine: Healing Through Words, LLC

Ronnie@creative-medicine.com

www.creative-medicine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment