Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Momentum Trumps Talent... Mickey Nguyen

Momentum Trumps Talent... Mickey Nguyen

I'm a bit spoiled....
I'm trained by the best....
I'm getting to truly value the gifts that I've been given access to......

During a workshop I attended recently a giant in the financial services business, Mickey Nguyen, stated "Momentum trumps talent." Mickey later explained in his message that a professional with talent who doesn't develop any momentum will always be behind the professional with momentum. He then described how remaining in momentum will build skills which will appear as talent to the outside world. While I listened carefully to the remainder of the message. and engaged in the taking of "copious notes" I couldn't shake the importance of the lesson in those three words. Even as he focused on the magnitude of "building habits that serve you" I couldn't help but relate the "building of habits" to the development of momentum.

As a financial service provider I am reminded daily about the strength in Momentum. As I assist clients in investing in themselves by saving very meager amounts of money and placing those funds into a financial product that has the momentum to grow their money into something substantial. My DJ partner and fitness coach, Walter "DJ Vibe" Varner, has recently been on my back since I lost my fitness-regiment momentum. Getting that momentum back has proved difficult and he recently advised me to research the martial art Krav Maga as it's study may provide me with the sparring and physical fitness that I need. I can still kick a fools butt.... but, I can't kick as many butts as I used to.

Whatever your field of endevaor seek to build momentum. With momentum we will defeat White-Supremacy and African-Inferiority Complex.

Gotta' get this momentum going! Praises-up for Mickey, Praises-up for Walter. May the momentum blessing come down ! As I've heard my firms senior partner John Epting state on numerous occasions..."Pray like it's up to the Almighty; Work like it's up to you." Ashee, Ashee, Ashee.

Let's be improved ! What are your thoughts on Momentum ? What do you think about Mickey's message ? Holla' at cha' boy by leaving a comment !

Click here to leave a comment.

Seko "DJ Seko" B. Varner
www.HappilyEverAfter.Be



Leave a comment by clicking this linking:
http://funfamilyfreedom.blogspot.com/2012/07/momentum-trumps-talent-mickey-nguyen.html#comment-form

No comments:

Post a Comment