The Conscious Community (TCC) is an informational newsletter focusing on information that has a connection to people of African descent. The Conscious Community e-letter is an activity of 'Imani Is My Foundation' which is a electronic media campaign that promotes the Uplift of People of Afrikan descent. The information posted comes from numerous sources and contributors.
Saturday, December 26, 2015
7 Things to do in Umoja (2015) - by Seko Varner (Brother Seko's annual Umoja message)
7 Things to do in Umoja:
1) Take a family photo.
2) Work on a community volunteer project as a family or community.
3) Apologize to a family member or neighbor you harmed.
4) Accept the apology of a family member who harmed you.
5) Cook a family meal together, as a family, and eat together.
6) Do something fun, as a couple, group, or family. (Go see the Chi-Raq movie)
7) Pray together to maintain unity as a family, community, nation, and race.
Umoja = (Transliteration) To strive for and maintain Unity as a family, community, nation, and race.