Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Greetings from Brother Seko

Thank you Almighty,
Thank you Yeshua,
Thank you ancestors,
 
Have a glorious day,
      Today my family and I celebrate our traditional Christ-Mass' celebration to celebrate Yeshua's birth. We also recognize the earlier and various incarnations of The Almighty and the other celebrations that have occured onor around this date. This morning I completed a four day fast which I began when I studied with Ausar-Auset in the early 1990s. Tomorrow we will begin our Kwanzaa-New Years season as we have since 1970 in Brooklyn New York. While in Brooklyn we traditionally celebrated the Hebrew/Jewish celebrations with a prominent Rabi and his family and friends who also provided me gifts on both my December Birthday and for Christ's-Mass.
 
      I've been blessed to have a great exposure to various beliefs and spiritual conscioness and directions. I attribute a great deal of this exposure to my father, who is now a cherished Ancestor of over two years. While participating in Christian Confirmation class in the early 1980s he instructed me and my classmates in understanding world religions and took us to visit numerous houses of worship which were different from our church. During his last days I accompanied him to the classes he taught at a local college in the study of World Religions. He always held a special appreciation for the beliefs which originated on our Mother continent of Afrika and always guided me to learn about these beliefs to better prepare him to counsel people of traditional faiths and to better appreciate our traditional greatness.
 
     To those readers who celebrate Christmas I wish you a merry Christ's-Mass. To those readers who hold other beliefs and forms of understanding I wish you love, understanding, and uplift. To our people in general I hold you in prayer and wish us stregnth on our continued movement towards improvement. In whatever form we may embrace, the Almighty is indeed mighty. And that might is within all of us. Today allow the presence and essence of the creator to be reborn within you and shine. We need your light.
 
     Some have questioned my decision to end the activity of the Imani Foundation and to change our e-group into a information distribution center. Things will come to an end in one form, and be reborn in another. This is truly the story of Heru and Yeshua's birth for example. This will be the first year in over 20 years that The Imani Foundation/Uhuruu will not sponsor a Kwanzaa celeration. We invite you to attend the various events that have been distrubuted through our system as of recently. My family's public Kwanzaa event will have a mainstream feel while the event in Hampton the next day will be very African-culturally connected. I have just been informed of another public event in Norolk at the Attucks Theatre on the 26th at 2:00 pm which will have a focus on performance and storytelling. Khallif's event later in the week will like reflect the consciousness that attracted us all to US & UB Books and Things when his empowerment center was present in Hampton Roads. Richmond Virginia's event on Saturday is always a major celebration. Whatever your direction/position/religion may be, let us celebrate ourselves (Africa) together. Together.....Together. 
 
     In 2003 I began this e-group (The Conscious Community) for the Imani Foundation. In the years since I developed the various blogs and FACEBOOK groups, personalities and pages and formed connections with SOA and other e-groups which has content from this e-group. In 2012 the time has come for a new model of operation. If you are one who receives great information which can be a part of our mission of Black Improvement please send an email to imanifoundation@yahoo.com stating "I wish to be a content provider" This will allow you to automatically distribute information or to promote events that may be of interest to people of African descent to our e-group without needing a staff to forward it for you. Gary Ausar, Brother Omi, Georgia Allen, and Kwasi Imhotep have paved the way for others to share great content with our masses. While this email address isn't monitored frequently we will assist you by allowing you to become one of our content providers which allows your emails to be distrubted to each of the members of our 400+ e-group membership. Please be patient as our staff may only review incoming emails one a week at times. This step is necessary as too many now expect our staff to read each incoming email and to forwad it for them......That model simply isn't functional for us at this time. 
 
     Also if you are concerned with receiving too many emails from our group you may change your Yahoo membership to the Daily Digest setting which will send you one email per day with all of the emails from that day. I will be automatically moving all of us to that setting in the next few weeks, feel free to beat me to that movement. I have used the Daily Digest now for a month and I have experienced a great reduction on conscious emails in my email box !
 
         As the e-group moves into a position which will fully benefit us all, let us walk in Umoja and Imani. Happy Holy-Days and Holidays !
 
Peace & prosperity,
 
Brother Seko

No comments:

Post a Comment