Sunday, September 20, 2015

In The Closet Productions ... "A voice for the voiceless" supports victims of childhood sexual abuse

A Cultural Career is a Journey: 

" BUILD IT ... AND THEY WILL COME!"

That's what I thought when I launched my small production company, In The Closet Productions ... "A voice for the voiceless" at the Winnipeg Art Gallery, in September 2009.
 

Looking back now, I never imagined that there would be so many challenges to building a small production company. I never knew it would be such a struggle to build a prosperous, social, enterprise that produces quality music and art with a double bottom line to turn a profit and donate a portion of the funds to important social issues, like the impact of childhood sexual abuse.  



Well, it has been ten years since I have been a proffessional artist, eight years since my company was launched and six years since I have been performing live with my band, The Funky Fresh Crew. There have been lots of challenges but everyday I am motivated to keep working on my dream. Trusting that as time passes and my music and art spread all over the world, doors that were previously closed to me ... will be opened. I have faith. Faith that what I am building is good, prosperous, business that contributes to society in a healthy way. 
Anytime, I struggle with rejection or closed doors ... I am reminded of all the miracles I have had on my journey as an artist so far. I am reminded that if I keep the faith  and don't give up ... anything is possible. After all, all of you listened to my music and liked it enough to leave your e mail addresses, so we could stay in touch. That to me is a miracle, a miracle that I am very grateful for and one I hope, really keeps on happening. 
Well, until next month my friends, thank you for supporting me and my band by listening to our music. The album Visions and dreams is currently available on CD baby and itunes with a portion of the proceeds going to Cancer Care Manitoba Foundation, in memory  of my friend, Jowana Pelletier.

No comments:

Post a Comment